Graduates of the Huron campus Southeast Technical College’s LPN to RN program participated in a Pinning Ceremony on Thursday, July 9, 2020, at the SD State Fairgrounds. The seven graduates of the program, drove their vehicles and made a safe, social distancing stop with masks in place at each of three stops manned by Southeast Tech, Huron Community Campus and Huron Regional Medical Center representatives.
Graduate of the program, which began last August, included:
- Shandel Anson, who lives Miller and works at Good Samaritan Society there;
- Amanda Kohnen, who lives in Hitchcock and works at Good Samaritan Society in Miller;
- Mackenzie DeJong, who lives in Wessington and works at Huron Regional Medical Center (HRMC);
- Makayla Wooledge, who lives in Huron and works at HRMC;
- Jennifer Powell, who lives in Aberdeen at works at Prairie Heights Healthcare there;
- Muriah Wolf, who lives in Aberdeen and works at Avera Clinic there; and
- Roni Steinmeyer, who lives in Spearfish and works at the Fort Meade VA
The graduates will sit for their nursing boards and then be licensed to work as registered nurses. The 2020 LPN to RN program in Huron will begin this August. Students interested in registering or learning more can call Joe Weber at 605-3 (605) 367-6114 or visit www.southeasttech.edu.