HURON, SD – Community members who will be visiting Huron Regional Medical Center, HRMC Physicians Clinic and Women’s Wellness Center over the next month are asked to exercise patience and plan ahead for potential delays as a new electronic health record (EHR) is implemented at the hospital and its clinics.
On February 15, several different electronic health records used by HRMC’s health system will transition to a new EHR which provides many benefits for care providers and patients alike, including:
- A single health record and billing system whether you are a hospital or clinic patient.
- An online portal, called HRMC HealtheLife, which provides 24/7 access to visit information, lab results, communication, and medical history. Patients can also securely and conveniently request appointments, request medication refills and communicate with their physician or care team.
- Enhanced communication between care providers, regardless of the service received.
As with all new things, our care team may take longer to input and process information, which may initially cause some delays as we learn the new system. Please plan to arrive at your scheduled appointment at least 15 minutes early and try to adjust your schedule to accommodate any potential delays. Your satisfaction is important to us – we appreciate your patience!
Patient information will also need to be updated in the new system. For your first appointment on February 15 or after, please bring:
- Your up-to-date insurance card, AND
- Driver’s license or photo ID
In addition to transitioning to the new system, HRMC is also introducing central scheduling for surgery, medical imaging, dialysis, rehabilitation and respiratory therapy services. HRMC’s scheduling coordinators will work with physicians and patients to not only schedule procedures, but also work with insurance companies to preauthorize procedures or tests – so there are no billing surprises!
More information about the new electronic health record or which services will utilize central scheduling, visit www.huronregional.org.